Tuesday, September 8, 2009

August Rush!

Hello all! I can't believe summer is coming to an end, how fast it went for us. I think I start out every blog that way but I can't help it...time just doesn't seem to slow down.

August was a blast, we had some great weather and had a great time enjoying it together. Matt was able to take the first weekend in August to get some much needed yard work and projects around the house done. Malachi and I enjoyed spending that time organizing his room "together" (everything I do he undoes as fast as I can keep up). At 10 months he is now wearing an 18 month size so we had a lot of clothes organizing to do...he is SOOO BIG! He weighs almost 30 lbs., any of you looking for an exercise program I have one for you! All you have to do is babysit the pounds away.

We spent the next weekend fighting the heat and had a nice dinner with the Cokers. We also got to celebrate Lauren's 25th birthday at our house. She was only 19 when Matt and I started dating...see what I mean by time flies? It was great to have everyone over despite the heat.

The weekend of the 22nd we spent some time laying low and preparing for our next couple weeks of company and travel. Matt was still working some pretty crazy hours so it was nice to relax a bit. On Saturday we went to the Sweet's house for Uncle Jeff's 50th birthday celebration! Matt cooked his famous bbq chicken (96 pieces!) and we had the whole family together (minus a couple :( ). Afterwards Matt & I went to my girlfriend Beth's 30th celebration and reunited with a lot of old friends. It was a great weekend!

The following week my besty Becki arrived on Wednesday from Miami just in time to celebrate the big 3 OH with me! We spent my actual birthday shopping and preparing to leave on Friday for the Dostert's in Bend. It was Matt's & my first time away from Malachi together, he stayed with cousin Aly & "uncle" Noah at home. We had an unforgettable weekend rafting on the "cabana" raft together. I can't really put words to it so you'll just have to check out the pictures, we got a lot of sun and had a lot of laughs together and as always had a tough time sending Becki back home.

August was amazing! I am officially 30, Malachi is officially 30 lbs., and Matt smiles at least 30 times a day at all the wonderful things we get to experience with our little man!

We love you all...
xoxo
The Cokers

No comments:

Post a Comment